Knee problems and injuries should not hinder you from exercising. It is possible to exercise even with bad knees. The secret is making sure that you choose the right exercise bike. A good exercise bike should be low impact to avoid putting pressure on your knees. Here are some tips to consider when buying an exercise bike for bad knees:
I. Adjustable and comfortable seat
Buying a bike with an adjustable seat is essential. When exercising, you need to change the position of your seat so that you do not bend your knees. Bending your knees when working out can aggravate the damage on the knees. Choosing a bike with an adjustable and comfortable seat will avoid putting a strain on your knees.
II. Lumbar support
A good exercise bike should have a comfortable seat and lumbar seat. The role of an excellent lumbar seat is to make sure that you do not strain your back when working out. When exercising your thighs and legs, you still need to make sure that you that you keep the back protected. The last thing you want is to strain your back while trying to protect your knees.
III. Adjustable resistance
Make sure that the exercise bike that you buy has adjustable resistance. By adjusting the resistance, it will be easy to avoid hurting your knees. With an adjustable bike, it will be easy to know when your knees are hurting and adjust the bike accordingly.
Top 5 exercise bikes for bad knees:
- Foldable design – the bike has a foldable design, and it can be easily placed in small spaces.
- Weight capacity – the folding bike has a considerable weight capacity and can accommodate up to 300 pounds.
- LCD screen – the bike comes with an LCD screen so that you can monitor the vitals when exercising.
- Other features – cranking system that helps with smooth peddling and hand pulse sensors to help with monitoring heart rate.
- Study frame – the bike has a study steel chrome colored frame for stability
- Adjustable seat – with an adjustable seat, it is comfortable to change the position of your seat depending on your height.
- Wheels – the bike has wheels so that you move it easily to different parts of the home.
- Tech features – the bike is packed when it comes to tech features. It has Bluetooth, a fitness app, social compatibility and a variety of programs.
- Inertia drive system – the bike has high-speed riding capabilities because of the inertia drive system
- Variety of workout options – with this bike it is easy to adjust your resistance up to 25 times.
The FitDesk Desk Exercise Bike (FitDesk 2.0) is a combination of a recumbent and upright bike. If you are looking for a versatile bike, this is a good bike to buy. This is not only a low impact exercise bike, but it also doubles as a workstation.
- Extender and seat back – the bike has an option for using the bike in upright as well as recumbent position.
- Digital tracker – with a digital tracker it is easy to track the mileage and calories.
- High-quality gearbox – the bike comes with a high-quality gearbox for durability and functioning of the bike.
- Display screen – the bike comes with a 9-inch screen that is big enough to display all the features.
- Preinstalled programs – the preinstalled programs are ideal for improving your workout.
- Unique features – the sole fitness exercise bike has features that you might not get from other bikes like a music player and also a bottle holder.
A Few Final Words
When buying a bike for bad knees comfort should be your top priority. You need to buy a bike that will not hurt your knees when working out. The bike should have an adjustable seat; ergonomic peddles and comfortable handles.