If you’re searching for a Mountain Bike, Royce Mountain has a great 21-speed model for men and women. Depending on your riding style, where you plan on riding, and your experience level, this bike might be a great option for you to consider. In our Royce Union 21 Speed Mountain Bike review we’ll highlight the bike’s best features, as well as the pros and cons you need to consider before you buy this bike.
Every bike has some distinguishing features that set it apart from competitors. In this Royce Union 21 Speed Mountain Bike review we’ll cover some features you’ll appreciate. Starting with the bike’s size and stature. It’s available for both men and women riders, so it’s specifically created for your body type and frame. You don’t have to worry about the bike feeling too bulky or too light, or the frame not responding when you need it to. With a gear design that’s created for male and female riders, your bike will respond and get you uphill, regardless of how steep that climb is.
The bike is available in a 24-inch and 26-inch wheel size. There’s also a 15-inch, 18-inch, 20-inch, and 22- inch frame size, the larger sizes specifically available for the men’s bike. It’s available in four color schemes as well, so bikers can pick the color that’s suited to their personality. The bike features a silver frame and has a gloss overcoat, to help protect the frame from rusting and to prevent the colors from fading. There are 21 different gear speeds you can shift to, based upon whether you’re climbing a steep hill, off-roading, or just taking a leisurely bike ride down even terrains. The bike boasts a lightweight frame, made of aluminum, so it’s easy to maneuver and allows for quick turns. Trigger shifters also allow you to easily adjust your speed setting, based on the area you’re riding, and how much additional power you’ll need to complete the uphill climb.
Royce Union 21 Speed Mountain Bike: The Good
& The Bad
The bike is solidly constructed. However, not all the online Royce Union 21 Speed Mountain Bike reviews are positive. Here we’ll cover the best and worst features that customers have discussed online, based on their experience, to help you decide if this is the right bike for you.
What sets this bike apart from others? For starters, it’s pretty affordable. The mountain bike is available for a price between $250 to about $280 for the men’s model of the Royce Union bike. You’ll appreciate
- The lightweight aluminum frame making it easy to turn, adjust, and maneuver on any roadways or hills you’re climbing
- The ease of shifting gears, with the trigger shifters, allowing you to easily increase/decrease gears, based upon where you’re riding and the challenges ahead of you
- There are multiple frames sizes to choose from, making the bike great for riders ranging from 5-feet up to 6’6’’ in height; so, regardless of your height, the bike will feel comfortable below your seat, so you have complete control while riding
- You receive all necessary tools for assembly (you have to put the seat on and affix a couple of other pieces before you can ride)
- The Shimano drivetrain is durable, rust-resistant, and will get you where you need to go
- Gear shifting is efficient, you only need one finger and don’t have to continually turn a dial to get you to the higher speeds; trigger shifters are efficient, especially when you can’t overthink it and need to get uphill fast
- The brakes are made with alloy material finish, and the linear brake system also features alloy rims and powerful brake pad
- The handlebar adjusts to avoid straining your neck, shoulders, and back while riding
- Suspension forks will take the impact so you don’t have to, and the bike’s padded seat ensures high levels of comfort, for longer rides
Several great features set this bike apart from others. And, the reasonable price tag, along with Shimano parts, are clear selling points. However, the online Royce Union 21 Speed Mountain Bike reviews for this bike are about 3.2 out of 5 stars on Amazon. So, what issues do must customers take note of?
- Some reviewers indicate that the bike arrived damaged. One reviewer writes that the bike’s chain was dented and damaged out of the box. They ordered a replacement, and the bike was missing parts to put it together. Concerns of quality are suggested by some reviewers
- The inner tubes leak, meaning you’ll have to replace the tires regularly after you purchase this bike
- The bike’s frame is aluminum, not stainless steel. Over time, it might rust and wear down if kept outdoors
- Some reviews suggest that the brake pad isn’t the best quality and that the braking system doesn’t operate efficiently, especially as you speed up and need it when you’re climbing uphill on the bike
The primary complaints suggest that there are possible concerns with the bike’s quality and longevity. Additionally, several reviewers indicated that their bike was dented/damaged when they received it, indicating possible quality issues with the material and frame.
Who Should Buy the Royce Union 21 Speed
Is this bike for you? It depends. We think this is a good entry-level mountain bike. We like the fact that it’s available in multiple frame sizes so it is suitable for men and women of all riding heights. We also like the design, the Shimano system, and trigger shifters. Additionally, we like the simplistic design of this mountain bike.
If you’re a beginner to novice mountain biker, and you don’t want to spend too much on a bike, we think it’s a great option. We don’t suggest advanced riders to invest in this bike. Quality concern issues, and reviews suggesting the quality and frame are poorly designed, might cause more headaches than the bike is worth.
Overall, it’s an average/mid-range mountain bike. The price is right for those who are on a budget and don’t need the fancy features higher-end bike brands deliver.