A hardtail mountain bike gives you the challenge of riding a mountain bike by eliminating the rigid rear. It is a bike that offers you simplicity while at the same time testing your riding skills. Unlike a full suspension, a hardtail mountain bike is, not as easy to ride. Here are some tips to consider when looking for a hardtail bike:
A. Wheel size
Wheel size is an important consideration when looking for a hardtail bike. You need to ask yourself whether you need speed or rolling abilities. With small size wheels, you will get the ability to ride faster, but you might not be able to take hard terrains. On the other hand, if you want good rolling on mountains, then large wheels are a good option.
B. Braking system
We can never ignore the braking system when talking about hardtail bikes. If you are looking for good performance, you need to consider hydraulic disc brakes although they come at a high cost. On the other hand, you might still use the standard v-brakes.
C. Gearing and speed
Gearing and speed will depend on the kind of challenge that you want to take. Today the most common hardtail bikes are 30 speed. When it comes to gearing, Shimano front and rear drivetrain derauliers are the best.
Top Hardtail Mountain Bike Under 3000:
This carbon fiber mountain bike is ideal for cyclists who are planning to join professional cycling. It might also be ideal for professional riders who have been riding professionally riding for some time. It is available in matte black with red graphics.
- Frame – the frame of this bake is made from carbon fiber unlike others made from steel or aluminum
- Size and weight – it is available in 17 and 19 inches. The overall weight is 10.7kgs
- Speed – M610 30 Speed, Shimano derailleur technology
- Wheels and tires – MTB professional wheels 27.5 and 29 inches
- Brake technology – hydraulic disc braking system (Shimano technology)
This matte black bike is available in 4 sizes. You can choose among the four available sizes such as 16, 18, 20 and 22. The sizes are from small to extra-large. This is a cross-country bike, and it can go through tough terrain.
- Frame – made using aluminum hardtail frame with no frame
- Wheels – 29-inch wheels to accommodate the aluminum frame
- Gears – made using Shimano shifters and derailleurs gear system
- Braking system – Shimano hydraulic braking technology (BR-M315) Wheels and tires – 29-inch wheels and Kenda Honey Badger’s tires
The main color of this bike is black. However, it has graphics in other colors like grey, orange, red, white and yellow. It is a mountain bike made for performance and also convenience when riding in rough terrain.
- Frame – carbon fiber minimal style frame available in a variety of sizes 15.5″, 17″ and 19″ inches
- Brakes and suspension – the bike comes with hardtail MTB suspension, and the disk brake is hidden
- Speed – Shimano technology 30-speed bike. Front and rear derailleur with easy shifters
- Wheels and tires – 27.5 and 29 inch Michelin tires
This bike made in Germany is available in small, medium and large. It is black with red graphics. It is a high-performance hardtail bike that is ideal for beginners.
- Frame- carbon frame with a remote fork
- Speed – Shimano drivetrain 10 speed with SLX shifters
- Wheels and tires – Evo tires available in 29×2.25 size
- Extras – tapered handlebars and MTN saddle
This is an excellent hardtail bike and especially when working on a budget. It gives you the luxury of riding a high-end bike, but it still has all the features. The bike is available in sizes 16. 18,20 and 22 depending on your height.
- Frame – the bike has an aluminum frame
- Drivetrain – Shimano drivetrain single train
- Braking system – modern hydraulic disc brakes
- Fork system – 120mm travel fork
A Few Final Words
A hardtail bike might seem like a challenge to many people. It is a simple bike that gives you the riding problem that you might not get from full suspension bikes. There are various types of hardtail bike like cross country, dirt and trail bikes. Before you buy a hardtail bike, you need to determine how you want to use the bike.