Some mountain bikes outshine the rest, and the Diamondback Atroz 3 Bike is one of those bikes! This bike is not for the average rider or those looking for an entry-level, affordable mountain bike. Instead, this bike is for serious riders who want the best quality imaginable.
Let’s focus on the Diamondback Atroz 3 Bike design, features, and the pros and cons, owners have highlighted regarding this bike’s performance and durability.
The Design & Features
What sets the Diamondback Atroz 3 Bike apart from others and why the high price tag? Quality in construction! The bike features a hand-built frame. It’s made with 4-inch aluminum material, with an alloy full-suspension frame. It’s durable, won’t crack under pressure, and isn’t going to rust or show signs of wear, even years after riding it. It also has a single-pivot design, with sealed bearings. This cartridge design ensures a smooth ride and performance, no matter what terrains you’re riding on.
This bike has an SRAM NX drivetrain; it operates on 1×11-speed settings, so you can easily adjust the level based on how you’re riding uphill or on even roads. The Shimano brakes (MT200) are a hydraulic system , and they have 180 mm rotors both on the front and rear braking system of the bike. Lastly, it features the RockShox Recon fork and rear air shock (Monarch R) to eliminate any impact on your landings, when making your way down rough terrain or landing on a jump.
The Best & Worst Aspects
Okay, how about the best and worst features about the Diamondback Atroz 3 Bike? You want to know what you’re getting when investing in a bike, especially one this expensive. So, we’ve put together some pros/cons, and customer review information, to help you decide if it’s a worthwhile investment when you’re shopping for a new mountain bike.
As we’ve highlighted, you aren’t going to find much better construction, frame, or components, put together, in the design of a mountain bike. All parts used in designing this bike are brand-name, so you don’t have to worry about the quality or frame construction. Nor do you have to worry about it breaking down on you after a few intense, downhill rides on the toughest terrain. The bike’s built to last.
So, what are its primary benefits? Aspects customers appreciate are:
- It’s available in small, medium, and large (suitable for riders 5’4’’ up to 6’1’’ +/-)
- The 11-speed drivetrain allows bikers to adjust speed settings seamlessly for difficult roads they encounter
- Shimano’s braking capabilities outshine any other brakes you’ve experienced on a bike in the past
- The aluminum frame is rust-proof, weatherproof, and isn’t going to fade or get damaged easily, no matter where you keep the bike, or where you plan on riding it
- It’s fork and suspension allow for ultra-smooth riding experience. You aren’t going to feel bumps below you or rough landings, no matter how high up your coming down from a jump or tricky terrains
- Hydraulic brakes can stop in wet, snowy, and any other riding conditions you’re exposed to on the bike. You never have to worry about not being able to stop, if you’re confronted with an emergency or need to brake all of a sudden
- The bike features large 180 mm rotors; and, these rotors are on the front and rear wheels for greater traction and stopping power
- Hand brakes on both handlebars give you ultimate control when riding and trigger-shifters allow you to easily adjust the speed or gear when you need more power to help you up a challenging cliff or roadways
- It includes a warranty from Diamondback, as well as from Amazon, and you have a 30-day return window with Amazon as well if there are any issues upon delivery of the bike
- The frame & overall appearance; the bike looks great and will turn heads on any riding trail
You can purchase the bike with professional assembly if you’d like; however, this will result in a higher price (between $125 to $180). Depending on whether you have mobile assembly (when you receive the bike the technician will assemble it), or if you take it to a local bike shop, and have their techs assemble it, the prices vary. So, you can opt for this option, but, you will pay more money on top of the bike’s $1500 price tag.
There aren’t many! The Diamondback Atroz 3 Bike has spectacular reviews online, a couple of minor issues bikers have discovered are:
- The bike’s size; the bike seems to be smaller than traditional mountain bikes. Owners suggest if you are considering either an M/L, to choose the large, as the bike’s frame is smaller than other mountain bikes
- The tires aren’t tubeless-ready; so, you’d have to incur an additional cost to replace the tires the mountain bike comes with, if you prefer tubeless riding
- The handlebars are wide. If you prefer a narrower riding/hand position on the frame, this might be something you’ll have to get used to on the bike. However, it is something most riders can easily adjust to after a few rides
Apart from these minor “inconveniences” most bikers have a positive experience with this bike. Most owners have given it a 5-star review.
Should you Invest in the Diamondback Atroz 3
We can’t find enough great things to say about this bike. And, what seems to be the biggest deterrent for buyers is the steep price tag.
Who do we suggest invest in this bike?
Avid riders experienced mountain bikers, and those who can spend on a bike, that’s going to last a lifetime! For novice riders looking for a great alternative, and a little lower price tag, who want to invest in a Diamondback, we like the HardTrail Mountain Bike. It’s less than the price, features a sturdy aluminum hardtrail frame, Tektro mechanical devices, and other superior features.
If you want top-of-the-line quality and design, you’ll love the Atroz 3. But, be prepared for the steep price tag if you’re looking to invest in a new mountain bike for 2020 and beyond.