In this Hyper Havoc Full Suspension Mountain Bike review we’ll highlight some basic features and design aspects that set this bike apart from other mountain bikes. For starters, it’s priced at under $200 on Amazon. In comparison to similarly-sized mountain bikes, this is about $200 to $300 lower than competitors’ product lines.
Budget-Friendly: Bike Frame & Suspension
As we mentioned, the price is a key selling point you’ll notice from the get-go. The men’s mountain bike features an aluminum frame and steel suspension triangle. Even with this triangle, it’s pretty lightweight, allowing you to easily move and climb rugged terrain when trail riding. It also features a full-suspension, dual fork design, allowing you to easily switch from off-road conditions to smooth trails, to bumpy hills and surfaces.
You can adjust the fork; this is a nice feature that allows you to customize the bike to your riding needs, and get the smoothest riding experience possible. The handlebar design is straight, with gear shifters sitting on the edge, giving you optimal control and allowing you to ride in an upright position, without having to worry about hunching over to maintain control while riding.
Braking System & Gear Shifting
Your new Hyper Havoc Full Suspension Mountain Bike features a 21-shift Shimano gear-shifting hardware, allowing you to easily tackle rugged roads and terrains when you need more power/speed going uphill. It is also fitted with Shimano pull brakes and Shimano derailleur, for the front and rear braking system. For gear shifting, you’re utilizing a twist-grip design, so you’ll never have to remove your hands from the handlebars while riding.
Pedals & Seating
Your bike has MTB padded seating, affording you greater comfort when riding. This padded gel seat will help you feel comfortable, regardless of how long your trail rides are. This feature, along with the adjustable fork, and dual-suspension system, means you’ll feel the minimum impact on landing.
No matter how bumpy the terrain, or how many twists and turns you’re moving through, the seat and suspension will keep you in control and ensure the highest levels of comfort while riding. Add in the high-performance crank system along with the standard pedals (you can modify), and you’re going to love the bike’s feel and design from the first ride.
The bike’s durable design is also a nice selling point for bikers. You don’t have much to spend when you’re shopping for a budget mountain bike. Therefore, it’s nice to know that you’re getting something that is reasonably well-designed and built to last, no matter what your budget is when choosing your new bike.
What we Like/Dislike
In this Hyper Havoc Full Suspension Mountain Bike review, we’re also going to focus on the best and the worst features of this bike. Some pros and cons that customers have indicated about the bike are highlighted below, to help you make your decision when shopping for a new bike, to decide if this is a good fit for your biking needs.
- Shimano gear shifting and braking system, are made by a reputable manufacturer; you know these systems aren’t going to break down on you, even though you’re buying a budget-friendly bike
- The gel-padded seat is a nice feature, especially when riding over bumpy terrains; you’ll still feel comfortable, no matter what the biking road ahead of you delivers
- The bike features an adjustable fork and adjustable suspension system; and, it allows you to modify the parts if you prefer installing higher-end or higher-quality pieces if you plan on keeping the mountain bike for years to come
- The bike is designed for all riders; it has a high weight capacity of about 275 pounds, so even heavier riders or bikers can easily use this bike safely
- The bike handles well on varying terrains, different biking conditions, and seamlessly transitions from flat to bumpy roads. You can also climb up hills, downhill, and adjust your gear shifting, based upon the road conditions that fall ahead of you while trail riding on the bike
- It features 21 gear shifts; this is enough for virtually all riding conditions, mountains, and climb rides you’re going to complete. The bike delivers enough power for most riders, even when trying to get through challenging roads
- The black on black design is a nice finish; the lightweight aluminum frame, along with the triangular suspension system, doesn’t weigh the bike down too much, so you can easily ride with comfort, without having to worry about a hard impact when you land or ride through bumpy road conditions
- The handlebars are straight, and at about 27’’ in length, they’re great for tall riders. You have full control of the bike, and don’t have to remove your hands from the handlebars to shift gears
- This bike weighs about 28 pounds once fully assembled. Although it isn’t the lightest, you would expect something a bit heavier with the aluminum frame and triangular suspension; so, the manufacturer did a good job in maintaining quality parts/design, without adding too much weight to the bike’s frame
- It’s affordable
- There are parts you’ll want to modify; the seat isn’t the best available, and some riders might prefer more powerful shifting, so you might prefer changing/updating parts on this bike after purchasing it
- It isn’t fully assembled; and, like other bikes, if you don’t have experience putting bikes together, it will take more time than you bargained for to put this together
Ready to Ride?
Although it’s not the highest-end model out there, nor does it feature the highest quality parts, we like the Hyper Havoc Full Suspension Mountain Bike for budget-conscious shoppers. If you don’t have much to spend, this is a good option. It’s okay for general trail riding. Don’t expect it to get you up a 10K incline as easily as higher-end models, but it’s good for general riding. If you plan on biking every day and are just looking for a bike that’s sturdily built, with nice features and sturdy design, this is a good bike to consider purchasing.