When trying to improve your performance as well as comfort in a peloton bike it’s essential to dress for success & that includes footwear. When it comes to footwear, the fit is everything, unfortunately, there aren’t a whole lot of options for individuals with wide feet. Which is why we compiled this list of the best peloton shoes for wide feet.
If your in a hurry heres a quick rundown of our list & verdict:
Best Peloton Shoes For Wide Feet:
Fizik R5 Road Cycling Shoe
Top Pick For Women
Lake CX 237
Top Pick For Men
Runner Up For Women
SIDI Shoes Genius 7 Mega
Runner Up For Men
Shimano RP2W SPD-SL
Best Budget For Women
Sidi Alba 2 Mega Cycling Shoes
All-Round Pick Men
Best Peloton Shoes For Wide Feet:
- Fizik R5 Road Cycling Shoe: Top Pick For Women
- Lake CX 237: Top Pick For Men
- Shimano SH-TR900: Runner Up For Women
- SIDI Shoes Genius 7 Mega: Runner Up For Men
- Shimano RP2W SPD-SL: Best Budget For Women
- Sidi Alba 2 Mega Cycling Shoes: All-Round Pick For Men
Best Women’s Peloton Shoes For Wide Feet:
First up is the Fizik R5 road cycling shoe, this shoe is designed with an asymmetrical construction which is designed to conform with the shape of your foot. It’s crafted with a Microtex upper for added comfort and breathability. It features a nylon composite outsole that provides the perfect combination of comfort and performance.
- Microtex upper for durability, breathability and comfort
- Overcurve construction for a comfortable fit
- Nylon composite outsole provides a combination of comfort and performance
- Carbon outsole for performance & comfort
The Shimano SH TR900 comes with a breathable mesh & synthetic leather upper. This shoe comes with a t1 quick strap & an extra-wide collar for easy entry. The inside of the shoe features a soft fabric lining & a lightweight foam footbed for added comfort. The bottom of the shoe features a carbon fiber outsole for added stiffness for efficient pedaling power.
- 3d breathable mesh for enhanced ventilation
- Asymmetrical heel loop allowing you to easily get your finger through the loop & secure the shoe during transitions.
- super-stiff carbon fiber composite sole efficiently transfers power
- Carbon fiber soles are firm and durable
- Specially made for female riders
- The design provides a comfortable fit
- good air ventilation
Shimano RP2W SPD-SL (Best Budget Option)
The Shimano RP2W is designed with comfort in mind, made with a stretch-resistant synthetic leather for stability & breathability. The Shimano RP2W is secured with an off-set strap in order to relieve tension at the highest point of the foot, making it ideal for wider feet. It also features a Lightweight glass fiber reinforced nylon sole for pedal power, pedal efficiency as well as comfort. The Shimano RP2W does come slightly smaller so you might have to get a larger size than what you typically wear in order to get the perfect fit.
- Comfortable design
- synthetic leather provides enhanced fit and breathability
- Off-set strap For tension relief at the highest point of the foot
- Women’s specific fit
- Cushioned tongue for added comfort
- SPD and SPD-SL cleat compatible
- Compatible with two and three-bolt cleat systems
- women’s specific fit
- glass fiber sole for Enhanced power transfer
- Might have to order a size larger than what you normally wear for a perfect fit
Best Men’s Peloton Shoes For Wide Feet:
The Lake CX 237 is our pick for the best men’s cycling shoes for wide feet. These shoes are specifically designed for wider feet coming with 15mm extra width. The Lake CX 237 has a unique design & comes in two colors white & black, it features a boa strap for a customizable fit. It comes with a durable leather upper, and a carbon fiber outsole for enhanced performance.
- Carbon Fibre Outsoles for added pedaling power & efficiency
- Full-grain leather and mesh with a leather heel lining
- Dual Side mounted Push/Pull BOA lacing system with releasable lace guides
- 15mm extra width
- carbon outsole for performance
- full gran leather upper for comfortable fit
- Very durable
- BOA closures for enhanced adjustability
- May not be very breathable
The Sidi Genius 7 mega is the go-to shoe for wide feet. the upper is crafted with a techno microfiber synthetic material making it durable, lightweight breathable, water repellant as well as quick drying. The velcro straps come with extra teeth keeping your shoe secure at all times. The shoe is also equipped with a two-way ratchet for easy use, as well as a padded tongue to eliminate pressure points. The Sidi Genius 7 also comes equipped with a carbon composite outsole for increased power efficiency.
- Microfibre Microtech Mesh upper
- Carbon Composite outsole
- High-Security Velcro
- Millennium 5 Sole
- Replaceable Heel Pad
- Specifically designed for wider feet
- Advanced closure system
- Efficient power transfer from carbon outsole
- Water repellent
- None that we can find
The Alba 2 Mega is another wide shoe created by Sidi, it’s designed with a durable politex upper material which conforms with the shape of your foot for the perfect fit, it’s also equipped with a Tecno 3 dial closure system with hook-and-look strap fastening system for added security. When it comes to performance it also features a carbon outsole for greater pedaling power and efficiency
- Millennium 4 carbon outsole for enhanced performance
- Politex synthetic upper conforms to the shape of your foot
- An upper Tecno 3 dial with hook-and-look strap fastening system
- Soft Instep 3 system relieves foot-numbing pressure to the instep
- Easily Adjustable
- Carbon outsole for performance & comfort
Peloton Bike Shoes Buyers Guide
There are a few things you should consider when shopping for peloton shoes. They include:
Comfort is extremely important & has a massive impact on performance. When riding your Peloton bike you will be putting a lot of pressure on your feet, so it’s essential that you pick a shoe that is comfortable for you to prevent any kind of irritation that can have a negative effect on your workout. Your arches should be supported & your feet shouldn’t be moving around in your shoe while riding.
The Closure System
When looking for a good cycling shoe, it’s essential to find a shoe with a good closure system. A good closure system will provide optimal support and fit as well as enhance performance by keeping your feet perfectly secure.
The majority of brands stick with the European sizing standard. Which is different from the sizing standard used in the US. Which is why it’s important to convert the shoe sizing to the relevant size chart. This may also mean that you might have to get a size smaller or larger for a perfect fit.
All shoes are built differently and offer different features buying an expensive shoe might not be worth it if it offers features that are useless to you. Which is why it’s important to know exactly what features you want most and pick a shoe that offers the best value for you for the money spent.
So there you have it, our list of the top 6 best peloton shoes for wide feet. When looking for a shoe for performance, fit & comfort are the first things you should look for. If a shoe doesn’t fit right it can’t do its job right. Which is why cyclists with wide feet should consider cycling shoes specifically made for wide feet. We hope this guide helped you find the right shoe for your needs. Happy riding!
- Best Phone Holder For Peloton
- Best Cycling Shoes For Echelon Bike
- Best Cheap Shoes For Peloton Bike (Under $70)
- Are Specialized Bikes Good?
- Are Shimano Shoes True to Size? (Shimano Shoe Sizing Guide)